All members will be expected to follow the MCCL Code of Conduct.
Membership is NOT required in order to attend Monday night meetings held at Madison Library, but during the pandemic we have not been able to meet face-to-face. With many MCCL chess activities moving online on ChessKid and Chess.com, membership is required to participate in free MCCL tournaments that are offered during the pandemic on Monday nights, Saturdays, and Sunday All-Girls events.
The Madison City Chess League (MCCL) opened its doors in 2013, inviting kids from Madison and the surrounding area to play chess for free. Since that time, MCCL has watched the interest in chess grow in our community.
MCCL has provided new programs and chess coaches for students attending Madison City Schools to help them develop their skills. These opportunities include:
- All Star Chess Club for 2nd and 3rd Graders
- Reduced registration fee for local chess tournaments like Summer Knights and Winter Knights
- MCCL Team Cup Championship
- Early registration for Summer Chess Camp
- A City Chess Championship
- Coaching services at National Tournaments
- Girls Chess Club and All-Girls Tournaments
- High School volunteer program for coaches and tournament directors
- Members Only events like Back to School Bughouse Night, Girls Chess Club parties, MCCL online tournaments on Saturdays, and Monday Night Blitz tournaments.
- Opportunity to compete on an MCCL Club Team at the State Scholastic Championship
In light of the shift to online chess, in 2021 MCCL will welcome members outside Madison to join and participate in online events as well as receive discounts in upcoming tournaments for Members.Ê 2021 members will be able to participate in any online events hosted by MCCL for members by providing the Executive Director your child's ChessKid Username and will receive registration discounts for members. MCCL will also work with administrators in school systems outside Madison City Schools to duplicate programs in your school system with appropriate teachers/coaches who live in your area.
Consider joining the Madison CIty Chess League today.
Become a Lifetime MemberLast year we introduced a Lifetime Membership option. For a $200 donation to MCCL, you and members of your family can become lifetime members of MCCL and you will be entitled to all the benefits of annual membership without having to renew. And, it is a way for you to donate to an organization that will continue to bring chess events to your children for years to come. We could not do what we do without your continued support. Join today. Become a member for a lifetime! Or renew for 2017. Either way, you support our organization and help us bring chess to more kids. If you are a Lifetime Member, you do not need to renew.
Dr. Yeqing Bao and Family
Sarah Barbre and Family
Tifany Billmann and family
Samarjeet Bista and Family
Robert Boland and family
Guy Calinsky and Family
Beena Chopade and Family
Jennessa Crosswy and Family
Pradipta Das and Family
Patrick Dowd and Family
Scott and Amy Edwards and Family
Will Fox and Family
Madhav Gentela and family
Edwina & Daryl Gore and Family
Todd Guthrie and family
Cece Hsu and Family
Cindy & Keith Kosan and Family
Gloria Kueck and family
Ashley Lang and Family
Manisha Limaye and family
Arnav Maskey and Family
Josh Lin and Family
Jon Lundy and family
James Mitchell and Family
Rachel O'Sullivan and Family
Eun Park and family
Nungseo Park and family
Somi Park and Family
Balaji Purushothaman and family
Nirvana Rajbhandari and Family
Teresa Shurtz and family
Jim Spanier and Family
Svitlana Tkach and Family
Ann Wang and Family
Yang Zou and Family
Terms of Membership
- Annual membership dues are $20.
- Lifetime membership dues are $200.
- All members must adhere to the MCCL Code of Conduct and respect the governing authority of the MCCL Board and Executive Director at all times.
- Competing for another chess club against MCCL members in a tournament will cause your MCCL membership to terminate.
- Any member of a school chess team will automatically become an MCCL member upon submission of registration and payment of MCCL dues.
- The MCCL Executive Director has the discretion to accept or decline membership to any K-12 student who is not on a school chess team who is willing to pay membership dues. If membership is declined by the Executive Director, the prospective member may petition the MCCL Board in writing to be accepted as a member.
- Membership dues, once accepted, are non-refundable.
- When you become a member, you support the charitable and educational mission of the Madison City Chess League; are allowed to participate in events for MCCL members only; allowed to register early for summer camps and special events; added as members in an online MCCL chess club on chesskid.com ; and given one vote per family at the annual meeting to elect officers to the MCCL board of directors.